As we move further into the digital age, it’s becoming increasingly important for businesses to have a strong online presence. The ultimate goal of SEO is to rank higher in Google’s search results for relevant keywords. The only problem is, Google’s algorithm is constantly evolving, with updates and tweaks occurring up to 600 times a year.
From the Google Caffeine update in 2009 that resulted in faster and more accurate search results, including up-to-date results from the news and social media, to the fifth Product Reviews Update in September 2022, which aims to rank product review-related content to make results more useful to the searcher.
Google is constantly searching for new ways to improve its search results. This means that as Google’s algorithm continues to change, it becomes a challenging task for SEO professionals to adapt their strategies accordingly. As we roll into 2023, here are the SEO strategies that will matter most coming into the new year.
5 SEO Strategies That Matter Most to Dominate Your Search Rankings
Are you looking to increase your search engine rankings but not sure what to do? Look no further! This article will discuss the five most important SEO strategies that can help you dominate your search engine rankings and drive more organic traffic. From optimizing voice search to marketing AI integration, we’ll cover it all!
#1. The Rise of Voice Searches
Since the development of Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Google Assistant, voice searches have increased in popularity. An estimated 41% of adults and 55% of teenagers based in the US make use of voice search daily. These figures cannot be underestimated as they’ve only increased year after year.
Smart speakers also started as a novelty when they first appeared on the market, typically used to answer basic and sometimes silly questions. Now, with new appliances such as Google Home, Amazon Echo and the Apple HomePod, it seems to be a rising trend that is predicted to become the main search method in years to come.
These advancements are due to the regular enhancement of Artificial Intelligence, which has been changing the way that people interact with technology. With machine learning progressing in leaps and bounds, the world of online searches and marketing will never be the same. They are better equipped to make predictions and are programmed to recognize keywords and phrases.
- Target conversational keywords
- Create an FAQ section on your site
- Build a Google Business Profile
- Appear in featured snippets
- Optimize for mobile searches (An estimated 27%of people around the world are now conducting voice searches on mobile)
#2. Optimizing images for SEO
Pictures and graphics are undeniably an integral part of any website. They help with breaking up content and retaining a viewer’s interest. However, as the resolution of images improves, the larger the files become, slowing down the server’s loading speed. This is where image optimization comes in.
Image optimization should be standard practice for all SEO professionals, however, it’s rarely taken advantage of. This tactic mainly refers to optimizing images for the web by decreasing the image size, without reducing its quality. The benefits of optimizing your images include faster loading speed, improved SEO rankings, and increased website traffic.
- Compress images before uploading
- Utilize alt text
- Rename images according to relevant keywords
- Make use of lazy loading
- Consider your image format
- JPEG offers the best quality for smaller sizes
- PNG is better suited for simpler images
- GIF should be used solely for animated images
To test the speed of your website, visit PageSpeed Insights.
#3. Video Marketing is Here to Stay
If you’re not sure about whether or not video marketing should form part of your overall SEO strategies, here are some statistics that prove it can be an invaluable tool for many businesses:
- You are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google results if your website contains videos.
- It’s possible to increase your conversion rate by 80%by simply by displaying a video on your landing page.
- 90%of people state that videos help them make their purchase decisions.
- Videos are the fastest way to relay important information and get your message across.
While video marketing may be more expensive and require more resources, 54% of people said they would like to see more videos from the brands that they support. There remains a gap in this market, as some businesses are hesitant due to the subjectivity of video marketing results.
- Incorporate video content throughout your website
- Target keywords when labeling videos, including key points
- Create videos around relevant content
- Use appropriate hashtags on social media
- Outsource content creation to freelancers
Here’s a guide on how to get started with integrating video marketing into your content strategy.
#4. The Integration of Marketing AI
This strategy involves the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) into everyday marketing tactics. It is known to generate automated decisions based on real-time data, statistics, and observations. It’s an invaluable tool when it comes to speed and relevance, with more than 80% of industry experts already using some form of AI in their digital marketing strategies.
Marketing AI already takes many different forms, some of which we are all familiar with:
- Chat bots
- Data analysis
- Idea generation
- AI Writers
- AI Paraphrasers
- Content generation
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
And the future anticipates only further integration of this technology. The market value of AI in marketing worldwide is predicted to escalate from $15,84 billion in 2021, to an astonishing $107,5 billion in 2028. This makes it abundantly clear that marketing AI is here to stay, and may need to be considered for all SEO strategies in the near future.
- Consider ai content automation tools
- Monitor your site’s data analytics
- Use an AI writer
- Make use of personalization in marketing tactics
- Enhance sales forecasting using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
#5. Optimizing for Mobile-Friendly Websites
If you’re wondering if optimizing your website for mobile searches is necessary, you’ve come to the right place. It’s important to know that 63% of all organic Google searches in the US are conducted on mobile devices, with these numbers expected to climb further in the years to come. Having a mobile-friendly website is therefore a crucial part of your 2023 SEO strategies.
After Google launched its Mobile Speed update in July 2018, the loading time of content on a mobile device officially became a ranking factor.
One of the best ways to optimize your mobile site is by using Google’s AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) method. It can be used in the creation of emails, adverts, and websites. And since page loading time is a ranking factor on Google, it should be carefully considered.
There are a few benefits of using AMPs:
- They load almost instantly, making for a better user experience.
- They’re easy to build, reducing time spent on web design and formatting.
- They’re supported by multiple platforms, not only by Google.
- Test your site’s mobile-friendliness using Google’s Mobile-friendly test
- Use custom CSS to improve your site’s responsiveness
- Improve the loading time of your website pages
- Keep track of your site’s core vitals
While it’s impossible to know exactly what the future will hold, the SEO strategies for 2023 seem to be pointing towards a more technical but user-friendly approach.
Businesses should concentrate on providing a better customer experience while also ensuring that their website is mobile-friendly and responsive. Window Treatment Marketing Pros will help you create a site that works well across all devices so people can find what they are looking for.
They must also pay closer attention to voice search and ensure that their content is optimized for this increasing trend. With video marketing and image search on the increase, they may need to be incorporated into your future marketing efforts if you want to remain relevant.
By keeping these things in mind, companies can stay ahead of the curve and make sure their website is ranking high in search engines. The main task is to keep up to date with these ever-evolving trends. Contact us now we’ll help you create a site that works well across all devices so people can find what they are looking for.
Is your business ranking on page one of the search engine results page (SERP)? If not, let’s have a quick look at what you can do to boost your rankings.